215.825.5183 | 877.825.8542 (Toll Free)
Call Us at 215-825-5183
Contact Form

Pennsylvania driver causes automobile accident after losing control of his Mercedes

May 3rd, 2012 by Gabriel Z. Levin
The 28-year-old driver was charged with causing death by auto and drunken driving.

An early morning automobile accident in Totowa, New Jersey, on Sunday April 29 left one man dead and landed another one in the hospital. According to reports, Charalampos Koutsiavakas, of Effort, Pennslyvania, lost control of his Mercedes C-280, causing it to run off the road.

At around 6 a.m., the accident took place close to exit 55 on Route 80. This interstate runs from the New York City area all the way west to San Fransisco, California. After Koutsiavakas' car ran off the road, it veered to the right and hit a guardrail. The Mercedes then reentered the highway and overturned, the states police reported. The passenger, Vasilios Theodoropoulos, also a resident of Effort, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was reportedly not wearing a seat belt.

The 28-year-old driver was charged with causing death by auto and drunken driving. He endured neck and facial injuries, but is reported to be in stable condition at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson, New Jersey. After he is released from the center, he will be in police custody, where bail is to be set at $50,000.

At the time law enforcement was investigating the automobile accident, three westbound lanes were closed. However, all roads were open by 10:30 a.m.

Car accidents are serious incidents, which can result in fatalities or injuries. If you have been involved in an automobile accident and have endured a head injury, neck injury, or back injury, you may benefit from a consultation with a car accident and injury lawyer. He or she can help assess your claim and help try your case in a court of law if necessary.

Attorneys for car accidents specialize in personal injury law. They can help defend you if you are being accused of causing a car accident, or assist you as you seek to collect damages if you were injured in such an incident.

Share Button