A two-vehicle car accident on Monday, February 4, claimed the lives of both drivers on Interstate-283 in Dauphin County, revealed Pennsylvania State Police. Law enforcement officials declared that the fatal crash took place around 6 a.m. According to reports, an individual in a Hyundai Accent was headed southbound in the wrong direction when it drove into a Volkswagen Jetta that was headed north.
”Don’t know why the driver may have been traveling in the wrong direction but hopefully we can figure it out,” the state police trooper public information officer said in a statement.
CBS news said that one of the victims was a 59-year-old man from Jonestown. The other person who died has not yet been identified.
Multiple lanes on Interstate 283 near Swatara Township were closed down while police investigated the incident. Crews from Lower Swatara Township Fire were also on the scene. All lanes eventually opened just after 9 a.m.
”At this point and time we don’t have any witnesses, hopefully maybe when information gets out there, they’ll call the Harrisburg Barracks,” the public information officer declared.
Police told reporters that the male who was in driving in the wrong direction was wearing a safety belt, but the other victim was allegedly not.
Car accidents can be devastating to all people involved. If you have been in an automobile accident and have endured injuries, consider scheduling a consultation with an accident lawyer in Philadelphia. The experienced and locally based professionals at Levin and Zeiger Law Firm can assess your claim, try your case in court and help you recover damages that you may be entitled to.
- Two people lose their lives in fatal Saturday night automobile crash in Bensalem Township
- Parents of passenger killed in West Goshen drunk-driving automobile accident suing driver’s estate and local bar
- Pennsylvania woman involved in automobile accident after driving into airport
- Former Philadelphia officer allowed to drive again after fatal accident
- Philadelphia police officer killed in fatal automobile accident